Friday, July 1, 2011

Hooray for no posts in June!

So, I wrote that speech, about a month-and-a-half ago, and cruised and cooked-out and graduated (graduating is a week-long process at my school.) Call me an emotionless robot, but I really enjoyed that week. We got to go on a boat, and lie out in the sun, and write ridiculously long yearbook signatures. Maybe it didn't register for me as a leave-taking, and I just thought of it as a week of enforced fun in the sun with my friends. I didn't cry at all...except when I was riding home from graduation with one of my best friends, blasting "Get Back to Hogwarts" from A Very Potter Musical for not-the-last-time-but-it-felt-like-it.


I'm unemployed for the summer, so I've turned into a total housewife. I garden and clean and play piano and cook and take  care of my dogs and volunteer and read and indulge in disgustingly long Scrubs marathons and have genteel meet-ups with friends. Unfortunately, I'm hilariously unskilled at all of these activities (except the Scrubs marathons). All my plants are being eaten by the baby groundhog that lives under our porch. He's adorable.


Housewifely industry notwithstanding, it's a lot easier to get depressed when you don't get to see hundreds of cheery people with whom you have everything in common each day. And when the official end of the Harry Potter franchise is only fourteen days away...


(Side note: I'm actually having bad dreams about my parents having to drive us to the Harry Potter midnight premiere, deciding to stop at Walgreens, and causing us to be half an hour late for the movie. It's so frightening. I'm way too obsessed.)


(Another side note: I'm so disappointed by Pottermore. Yes, it might be cool, but why, WHY have an actual COUNTDOWN to an announcement about a website that won't even be launched for four more months?)


(Final side note: I now have the Months-of-the-Year song I was taught in kindergarten stuck in my head. Why, why, why, Delilah?)


Anyway, I'm off to bake bananana bread! Hopefully I'll start blogging more regularly now that I have nothing to do!


x

1 comments:

J. A. Rama said...

Yeaaah...June sucks...not really. Sorry I have not been commenting...these blog posts are so bloody infrequent! ^_________________^

Post a Comment